Community: Support India Literacy Project for Golden Gate Relay May 5-6, 2018
We are proud to have such active and engaged members in our dental family and want to help spread the word about teams and projects that are making a positive impact in the world. We strive to not only be a dental home, but a neighbourhood hub of community and positivity.
The India Literacy Project has teamed up with Organs R Us to walk 125 miles from Marin to Santa Cruz in the GOLDEN GATE RELAY on May 5-6th, 2018
Though the literacy rate in India has been ticking up since the ’80’s it is still home to the largest population of illiterate adults in the world – 287 million! The India Literacy Project team has been a very effective catalyst for over 25 years, unlocking the potential to move the literacy rate higher through innovative ways.
- $1000 : Supports retention and drop out prevention of 50 children
- $500 : Supports enrollment of 25 children into a mainstream school
- $250 : Rehabilitates 1 working child and enrolls a child in residential bridge school
- $120 : Full years education for mother and child
- $80 : Provides literacy and skills training for 5 women
- $50 : Supports retention of 2 children in school
- $25 : Supports enrolling a child into a mainstream school
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.