We are proud to have such active and engaged members in our dental family and want to help spread the word about teams and projects that are making a positive impact in the world. We strive to not only be a dental home, but a neighbourhood hub of community and positivity.
Though the literacy rate in India has been ticking up since the ’80’s it is still home to the largest population of illiterate adults in the world – 287 million! The India Literacy Project team has been a very effective catalyst for over 25 years, unlocking the potential to move the literacy rate higher through innovative ways.
- $1000 : Supports retention and drop out prevention of 50 children
- $500 : Supports enrollment of 25 children into a mainstream school
- $250 : Rehabilitates 1 working child and enrolls a child in residential bridge school
- $120 : Full years education for mother and child
- $80 : Provides literacy and skills training for 5 women
- $50 : Supports retention of 2 children in school
- $25 : Supports enrolling a child into a mainstream school